This WiFi serial transceiver module is based on the ESP8266 chipset. The ESP8266 modules offer a very cheap way to expand microcontroller projects with Internet connection. ESP8266 has an Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack. In short, the ESP8266 module is a TTL "Serial to Wireless Internet" device. The module runs at 3.3 Volt and the serial port is set to a data rate of 115200 baud.
- 802.11 b/g/n
- Wi-Fi Direct (P2P), soft-AP
- Integrated TCP/IP protocol stack
- Integrated TR switch, balun, LNA, power amplifier and matching network
- Integrated PLLs, regulators, DCXO and power management units
- Power down leakage current of 10uA
- Integrated low power 32-bit CPU could be used as application processor
- SDIO 1.1/2.0, SPI, UART
- Wake up and transmit packets in 2ms
- Standby power consumption of 1.0mW
- Size 21.1mmx13.2 mm
This is a video of How to easily and quickly program the ESP8266 module via an Arduino using the Arduino IDE with example.
ESP-01 boards are still super cheap! If only they could fit nicely into a Breadboard ... so you can built a little adapter out of a few spare header pins and hot glue. Enjoy!
Tags: rf; wireless; iot; module; communication;